1. Home>
  2. Historical Walk in Shirakawa>
  3. Building information>
  4. Kashiho Tamaya

Kashiho Tamaya

Kashiho Tamaya 

     In 1912, Tsunejiro Otsukibranched off from the confectionary shop Tamaya Kashiho located in Motomachiyotsuji and founded Kashiho Tamaya. The current owner is the fourth generation. From 1861 to 1864, the shop has a venerable pedigree and was given a special appointment to provide confectionaries to the household of the Lord of Shirakawa.

Built in the late Meiji period, the buildings are of the traditional kiritsuma and hirairitownhouse and have been recently repaired. All of the second-floor windows are covered in latticework and the eaves were constructed in thesegai style.

Designated on March 12th, 2012.

Search detailed location

Building information

Location

Motomachi

neighboring area

Era of construction

Meiji/Unknown

Open to public

Entrance allowed Business hours only